David Holmgren on Downshifting to a Resilient Future:
Part 1: Balancing the larger world context with local, practical, and creative solutions.
In This Podcast:
In part 1 of 3 we hear from David Holmgren, the co-founder of permaculture, about the birth of permaculture over 40 years ago. Learn about what inspired the concept of permaculture, permanent agriculture, working with nature, sustainability, and how to take new industry concepts and have them become widely accepted. David also discusses what it’s like when your theory takes on a life of its own and the balance of being both a fan and critic.
You can listen to the podcast here:
Listen in and learn about:
- How war taught him to question authority and focus on creating the world we want
- Creating the concept of permaculture with Bill Mollison
- Developing the skills for environmental design needed by landscape architects
- Creating the permaculture design course
- Being both a fan and critic of a revolutionary concept that you helped develop
- How to craft and spread new concepts in an industry
- The meaning of permanent agriculture.
Visit the Urban Farm U site here.